All the qualities of a Hutting yacht, but with specific consideration towards the best sailing performance”. This was the aim for the design of the Hutting 46 Explorer. A custom built sailing yacht that conforms to recognizable style and the renowned quality of Hutting, but focuses on outstanding sailing performance.
This is why the design of the Hutting 46 has been created by Naval Architectenbureau Van Oossanen & Associates. This architectural firm specialises in hydrodynamics and the design of sailing yachts that require a specific sailing performance.
Using their expertise, they have designed various sailing yachts for competitions like the Americas cup.
Hutting Yachts has set the following conditions for the design of the Hutting 46 Explorer:
- Clear Hutting line
- More emphasis on speed performances
- Comfortable motion in waves
- Design meant for extended ocean cruising
- Two kinds of keels:
- Shallow keel with depth of 1.9 m
- Deep keel with depth of 2.4 m
- Similar performances
- Composite/ aluminium building material;
- Same quality as previous series.