Quality, environment and safety and health at work
QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK
The Port Authority of Melilla, as a public service of citizens v of general interest administration expresses its firm commitment to promote a continuous port growth through respect for the environment, needs v expectations of stakeholders v Security v health Workers.
To integrate these aspects in its activities, the Port Authority establishes this Policy Integrated Quality, Environmental v Security v Health at Work in line with its powers framework, which collect the following principles:
- Providing an excellent quality level V efficiency to satisfy their customers and
port users, thereby promoting the competitiveness of the port of Melilla.
- Integrate planning processes v port activity management conditions
optimum working for staff of the Port Authority and port users, preventing
damage and deterioration of health.
- Protecting the environment v prevent contamination within the scope of its activity and according
to the powers that the legal framework for implementing ascribes to it.
- To encourage active participation through training and awareness both staff
Port Authority and companies which operate in the port area.
- Maintain fluid communication channels with the port community, other ports, other
public or private entities and other stakeholders in order to identify the
needs and expectations of stakeholders and plan joint actions to improve
- Report on the performance of its activity by publishing an annual report
available to the public.
- comply with the laws that apply , as well as additional requirements assumed
voluntarily in relation to these aspects.
- And finally, to pursue a sustainable development of the Port of Melilla , based on achieving a
balance between economic growth, social cohesion and social responsibility and respect for the
The Port Authority has implemented an Integrated Management System , by laying the foundation to meet these goals and continuously improve the efficiency of its management as well as the other aspects covered by this policy.