Our dive team currently consists of:
- 11 skilled Indonesian dive guides, which are trained to up-to-date standards,
- 4 dive guide trainees from surrounding villages,
- 5 multinational PADI instructors, with various specialties,
- 10 highly trained and experienced boat drivers,
- 10 helpful and attentive boat crew members,
- and 2 compressor technicians,
- all of whom are happy to assist you at our PADI 5 Star Dive Center.
The Papua Explorers management team consists of a variety of nationalities, namely Indonesia, Germany, France, Australia and Turkey. We are determined to employ and train a majority of local Papuan staff in all departments. DIVING PACKAGES
We offer Diving Packages and Non-Diving Packages to suit all our guests; from the avid diver to those who prefer a combination of diving and land based activities.Diving Package:
This all-inclusive package includes accommodation and diving, and is suitable for those that wish to get in as many spectacular Raja Ampat dives as they can!
Our Diving Package includes:
– 3 boat dives per day (excluding arrival and departure days)
– unlimited house reef dives
– “The Passage” day trip
– scuba tanks, weight belts, guide, beach towel, morning tea
– Free nitrox (excluding night dives)Non Diving Package:
This package includes accommodation only, and dives and snorkels are charged at our standard rates. This package is suitable for those that wish to spend a little more time relaxing in their hammock, enjoying massages, or experiencing any of our other land based activities. EQUIPMENT & SAFETY
Safety is very important to us at Papua Explorers Resort. We maintain and review all our equipment and facilities frequently with respect to safety. Also we train our dive staff monthly in emergency oxygen provider skills.
Our diving fleet is currently composed as follows: we have 7 daily diving boats (with a capacity of 6 divers per boat) and 2 diving-and-transfer boats (for 8 divers or 14 guests during transfer), all of which are equipped with DAN emergency oxygen sets, 2-way-marine-radios, emergency first response medical sets. In addition, the guest transfer boats are equipped with GPS, life jackets, fire extinguishers. On full day trips we equip the boats with satellite phones to provide extra safety.
All our facilities and bungalows are equipped with fire extinguishers and we implement and on site and on board emergency action plan in multiple languages.