Air Bob is a patented device for emergency hull breach sealing. It is simple, efficient, durable and versatile.
This pack contains an anchoring bar, a balloon with an axial duct, a circular plate and a rope linking them, as well as a storage bag.
Inflating the balloon between the breached hull and the plate ensures a strong, immediate and lasting counter-pressure.
We successfully used it at sea on shredded and splintered hull breaches, and irregular or angular surfaces. Notably, we used it on the 15 by 9 cm breach of a small sailboat, sailing autonomously for 60 miles and more than 36 hours.technical specifications
Air Bobincluded in every pack
storage bagincluded in every pack
- thermoplastic polyurethane balloon (crystal TPU), 60 by 25 cm with an axial duct, 840 dtex fabric reinforcement and Halkey-Roberts gaz valve
- injected polyamide pressure plate, fiber reinforced (PA6 GF 30), 45 cm diameter, dark blue color, with an integrated rope clamp
- epoxy / glass fiber bar, 50 by 2 by 0.72 cm
- polyester knitted rope, 5 mm spliced on the bar, with a blocking ball
- pump tip adapter kit
- nylon storage bag, 50 by 50 cm (total weight including Air Bob: 1.6 kg)
- laminated user manual